A Google My Business listing can be one of the most powerful tools for local SEO, and the good news is it is FREE. Google My Business (GMB) listings show up at the top of the first page of a search, which is important because most people will not go past Googles first page of search results. So how do you optimise your Google My Business listing and appear in local search results? We have 5 tips to help you.
- Claim your FREE listing – If you have not already, claim and verify your listing. To do this go to https://www.google.com/business and follow the steps.
- Check your details are accurate and up to date – If you already have a listing check all of the content is up to date if you have just created your listing complete all of the information Google asks for. Make sure you select the correct category for your business and enter the region you operate in. You can do this by going to Manage Location > Address.
- Add photos and media – use an appealing profile image that stands out and resonates with target markets. Also upload images that represent your products, services your team, your building interior and exterior. You can now also even add videos. Try to add a few new photos on a regular basis.
- Encourage your customers to write reviews and rate you – Make asking for reviews part of your process. You could even provide simple 3 step instructions on how to do the review. You could email this to clients or give them a business card that contains the instructions. Make sure you respond to ALL reviews even if you get a bad review.
- Create regular GMB Posts – You can post offers, upcoming events, product information and exciting announcements. These posts work in a similar way to posting on social media as you can add an image, a link and copy. One difference is that they expire after 7 days, however, you can renew them. The post can be very prominent in searches so it’s worth giving it a go.
Another great feature of a GMB listing is the insights it provides. You can see how many people visited your website, asked for directions, or called you. You can also see how many times your photos have been viewed compared to other business like yours.
- Google My Business helps with your local SEO, putting your business information in front of potential customers.
- It gives you the ability to interact with your customers via reviews and posts.
- It provides useful insights into your customers’ purchasing paths.
- It’s a FREE valuable tool.
If you would like to learn more about how you can promote your business take a look at our other blogs.